The Instituto Nacional de Estadística has published on December 12 the detailed results of the 2011 people and housing census. Among other results:
– The average number of persons in a household has gone down to 2,58 (2,86 in 2011)
– Some 4 million households are couples with no kids
– 1,7 million people work at home
– The number of rental housing units has increased 51% in the last ten years, but the global ratio is still low.
– The ratio of home ownership has decreased for the first time in decades
A quick summary: Spain is subject to relevant evolutions.